Frequently Asked Questions
Employee Reimbursement Frequently Asked Questions
When will I be paid?
If the reimbursement is received in the accounts payable department between the 16th and the last day of the month, it will be processed on the 15th of the following month or in accordance with your payroll cycle. If the reimbursement is received in the accounts payable department between the 1st and the 15th of the month, the reimbursement will be processed on the 31st or the last business day of the month. However, payments may be delayed for requests with insufficient data, i.e. missing budget codes, invalid budget codes, over budgets, and/or without proper approval. For questions concerning budget codes, please contact your school or department administrator or designee.
1. Did my supervisor submit my reimbursement?
Please contact your supervisor or your regional office support (if applicable).
2. How should I submit the required documentation for travel and miscellaneous reimbursements?
Attach all original documentation - receipts, vendor invoices, canceled checks, registration forms, agendas, and proof of attendance with attendee's name. All receipts must be preprinted by the vendor, include the vendor's name and indicate the item purchased. All receipts (i.e. cash register tapes) should be taped, not stapled to an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paperto avoid being separated or lost. Individual invoices may be attached.
3. What do you mean that I must use the complete budget code when using a staff development budget code?
All expenditures coded to a 312 object code must include trailing digits in the last two positions of the account code. The trailing digits are as follows:
· 01 Registration
· 02 Travel/Transportation (Includes Privately owned autos, Rentals, Air, or Other)
· 03 Subsistence (Includes Meals and Lodging)
· 04 Consultants
· 05 Workshop Materials (Includes Refreshments)
4. What should I submit to be reimbursed for staff development for meetings of staff members that involve meal costs?
· Documentation that the meeting was planned in advance
· List of who attended
· Formal agenda
5. What should I submit to be reimbursed for staff development travel expenses?
· Original receipts
· Registration forms
6. What are the allowable subsistence expenses for meals?
7. What is the mileage rate for 2013?
The business standard mileage rate set by the Internal Revenue Service is 56.5 cents per mile effective January 1, 2013, however, the 2010-2011 budget passed by the Guilford County Board included a reduction in the mileage reimbursement rate. The reduction moves the rate from 56.5 cents per mile to 45 cents per mile. This is the systems reimbursement rate when employees use their personal vehicles while conducting official school business as approved by their supervisor. To determine the deductibility of the difference between the Internal Revenue Service Business Standard Mileage rate of 56.5 cents and the Guilford Count Schools reimbursement rate of 45 cents for income tax purposes, please reference Internal Revenue Service Publication 463 (Travel, Entertainment, Gift, and Car Expenses) Available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p463.pdf or consult a tax advisor.
FAQ Link (to access, click on the link and when the password box appears, click "read only")