The Panther Staff are those juniors and seniors responsible for the development of the school yearbook and on-line newspaper publications. In order to be on the staff you must get teacher recommendation or go through an application process. Please see Mrs. Paylor for details.
Yearbook / Newspaper Policy:
· Strive to give complete, balanced coverage to all aspects of the school without emphasizing one area over another.
· Work to include as many members of the student body as possible and avoid picturing and quoting the same individual again and again.
· Avoid running photos of the yearbook/newspaper staff unless they are actual participants in events, sports, activities or on a byline.
· Work to cover the year a accurately and fairly as possible and be an objective source of information, particularly in regard to controversial issues.
· Refrain from publishing posed photos and never include “gag captions.”
· Do not print anything considered journalistically unprofessional: anything which is libelous, invades privacy, advocates disruptive or illegal behavior or is in poor taste.
· Abstain from criticism of any racial group, religion, sex or creed.