Special Information for Individual Schools
Section: IV – Purchasing
Items Exempt from Regular Quotation Requirements
Some categories of items are exempt from quotation requirements. They include the following.
1. Items for resale, such as items purchased for:
2. Subscriptions and publications
3. Orders that total less than $2,500
4. Items that can only be purchased from a sole source
5. Items that are perishable food products
Any item to be purchased that is on state contract must be bought from the approved vendor who has the state contract for that item.