Site: Elementary, Middle and High Schools
Purpose: Provide assistance in the planning effort. (Each site will publish its own)
Phase I - Teacher’s Support and Preparation Phase
Phase II - Summer School Preparation
Phase III - Deep Cleaning
Phase IV - Summer School Daily Maintenance and "Other Area Deep Cleaning
Phase V - Post Summer School Deep Cleaning
The attachments are provided to assist in the planning effort and the execution of the plan developed.
- Attachment A - Represents the Standard Cleaning Times that are used by ISSA (International Sanitary Supply Association) in computing man-hours
- Attachment B - Custodial Services Summer Project Work Form
- Attachment C - Daily Floor Care Procedures
- Attachment D - Floor Restoration Procedures
Custodian Vacation Schedule
- Custodians should be allowed to take vacation leave if the work schedule is being met.
- Substitute custodians will not be provided in support of personnel on leave for vacation.
Summer Cleaning Projected Completion Date: August 6, 2010.
Material Delivery Dates
- Phase I chemicals will be delivered between June 18 and June 25, 2010.
Note: A maintenance work order may be submitted, if a site does not have the chemical products necessary to begin Phase I.
- Notification of Phase II product delivery will be provided via e-mail.
Procedures. The procedures for cleaning each of the areas at the sites may be found on the District’s Maintenance Department Custodial Section web page. The Floor Care Program Procedures for Guilford County Schools should be followed during the Scrub and Recoating phase of the tile floors. Attachment (C) and (D) refers to Phase III and IV respectively.
Safety Floor finish emits volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) as it dries. The custodial staff must ensure that the area where the floor restoration chemicals are being applied is well ventilated. Individuals with respiratory conditions should wear appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Lead Custodians should communicate with the principals and request all personnel be notified of the restoration effort and of the VOC issue so that any personnel with sensitivities can arrange to avoid the work area.
- Signs are to be placed at entryways and offices in order to pre-warn visitors and personnel who work or are visiting the school that there is a possibility that the odors from the floor restoration effort could cause minor negative sensitivities.
Floor Care Products provided by the Maintenance Department
- Enhance (gallon size containers)
- Vivid (gallon size containers)
- Stripper (bucket size containers)
- Invincible Floor Finish (bucket size containers)
- Equipment check deadline is June 1, 2010.
- Custodial staff must ensure the following equipment is in good working condition.
- Slow Speed Buffer
- Backpacks and Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Restroom Cleaners
- Work Orders are to be submitted on all equipment requiring repairs. Nora White or Allen Bailey is to be notified if any of the equipment listed is not picked up for repair within forty-eight (48) hours of submitting the work order.
- Allen Bailey or Nora White are to be notified if equipment is not returned back to the site within seventy-two (72) hours after being picked up for repair.