1. Beginning teachers are BT1s, BT2s, or BT3s.
2. All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s MUST be assigned a mentor. Only BT1s and BT2s get a paid mentor, but BT3s must have a mentor of record and mentor contact logs.
3. Mentors must sign PDPs for BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s – Initial, Mid-Year Review, and Final PDPs.
4. All mentors must have Mentor Training.
5. All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must be observed 3 times annually by a qualified administrator or designee.
6. All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must have a pre-conference prior to the first observation.
7. All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must have a post conference within 10 school days of each formal observation.
8. All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must have a peer observation, not from an Administrator, Induction Coordinator, or Mentor.
9. All BT1s, BT2s, and BT3s must have a Summary Evaluation.
10. NO teacher in the first three years may be assigned extra-curricular activities
Remember to check for signatures on all documents!
Induction and Success provides the required Orientation through Right Start.