Welcome to Mr. Tangredi's Website
Welcome to Mr. Tangredi's Webpage!
Here you will find an overview of what is going on in English 10 and 11! Down below are copies of my syllabi for each course. The textbook we will be using is Elements of Literature, Course IV, for English 10, and Course V, for English 11. Some of the works we will be reading for English 10 include: Gilgamesh, "In the
The 10th grade course is writing intensive, as we will be preparing for the EOC, which will be given to students at the end of each semester.
As for the 11th grade course, our main focus is American Literature. We will be reading works across our nations history and connect themes that resonate throughout. Furthermore, students will begin their graduation project that will continue in their senior years. For this, they will research a career that they may be interested in post high school. From there, they will start work on their paper and presentation, which will culminate next year.
Check out the calendar link to the side to see when your tests and quizzes are, and if you have any questions for me, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to get ahold of me during the day for a conference, my schedule is:
1st Block: CP English 10- 8:55-10:25
2nd Block: Planning
3rd Block: AP English 11- 12:05-2:15
4th Block: Honors English 10: 2:20-3:50
1. I expect ALL students to RESPECT their fellow classmates, their teacher, and themselves at ALL TIMES.
2. I expect that all students come to class prepared ON TIME.
3. I expect that all students to ask questions whenever they feel they do not understand something. I don't bite!
4. I expect all students to participate on a daily basis and listen to others when they participate.
5. When all of the above are achieved, I expect that all students will HAVE FUN!!!