Falkener Elementary Student Attire Guidelines
Adopted September 2021
- All tops must cover the entire midsection, front and back, and extend to the waistband and should not include inappropriate or profane messages, images, or symbols that could be disruptive to the learning environment.
- No pajamas, loungewear, nightwear, or slippers may be worn, unless for specified school spirit days.
- No undergarments should be seen at any time including, but not limited to tank undershirts, bras, underwear, etc.
- Shorts and/or skirts should follow the finger-tip rule for length.
- Jeans with holes or rips are allowed but holes, rips above the knee should not show skin at any time which means when the student is standing, sitting or walking. The rips, holes, etc…should have some type of cloth behind them to cover the skin other than an undergarment.
- Comfortable shoes that can be secured on the feet are most appropriate for elementary school children.
- Closed toe shoes and shoes with a back strap are strongly encouraged. Sandals without back straps and/or flip-flops are discouraged because they can cause playground safety issues.
- No high heels should be worn to school.
- Masks can be plain, patterned, or have school appropriate messaging. Masks should not include inappropriate or profane messages, images, or symbols that could be disruptive to the learning environment.
- No hats, hoods, bandanas, or other non-religious headwear is permitted during school unless worn for specified school spirit days.
Parents and visitors are asked to respect these guidelines while visiting Falkener Elementary School.