Sent by phone on 1/19/22:
Good evening, Brightwood Tigers. This is your proud principal, Ms. Stokes. GCS has announced that tomorrow, Thursday, January 20th, and Friday, January 21st, will be remote learning days for students.
We are super proud of the attendance that we had today!! We had nice turnout today for our first "official" remote learning day. Of course, we want more of our students to access learning. We also understand that we had to work through a few technical issues, but we truly appreciate your patience and support of our staff as they continue to work to provide an excellent education to every Brightwood Tiger.
If your child needs to pick up their device, workbook, or any other learning material or if you need some help with troubleshooting your child’s device, we will have pick-up time from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm on Thursday only.
Teachers have office hours from 8:00 am to 8:30 am and again at the end of the day if your child is in need of support. Students are expected to log into Canvas by 8:15 am for morning announcements. They will then take that time to prepare their work area for their first class. Live instruction will begin no later than 8:30 am.
If you are having difficulty getting on the Teams meeting or Canvas, please try the following things:
1. Make sure the computer is on and the volume is turned up. Someone will try and call your child into the meeting if they do not see them in the meeting.
2. Try restarting the computer, and try and access the link again that will be each teacher’s Canvas page. Most K-2 teachers have their students going directly to the Teams app, but you can also try to go to their NCEdcloud account and go to the Canvas page to click on the link for their Teams meeting.
3. If you are asked to give an email and password - it is your child's lunch email@example.com, and the password is their birthday (2 digits for the month; 2 digits for the day; 4 digits for the year with no spaces).
4. If none of this works, email or send a Class Dojo message to your child's teacher. Please be patient when waiting for a response as we work to get to everyone as soon as possible.
5. Please make sure that your child's device is properly charged.
Thank you and continue to be safe. We will see everyone on Teams tomorrow morning no later than 8:30 am. Remember you are amazing.
Love your Proud Principal,
Ms. LaTrice Stokes