Who We Are
The Academy at Lincoln is a unique magnet school offering a variety of different options as a “double school”. With magnet themes of Global Studies and Performing Arts, students can receive instruction in core standards with an enriching extended curriculum for their chosen track. In addition, the school houses the GCS VS program for advanced learners in grades 4 through 8.
Our mission at The Academy at Lincoln is to provide a high quality, well-rounded education for our diverse learning community. We strive to accomplish this through rigorous academics, exemplary arts education, and a focus on global citizenship. We prepare our students to be leaders in their communities by modeling integrity, respecting our diversity, and achieving success through self-discipline and responsibility.
What We Offer
- Teachers weave the arts into their instructional strategies, creating an exciting place to learn. In addition, specialists teach the formal study of orchestra, band, chorus, dance and theater.
- The global studies curriculum promotes creativity and problem-solving through interdisciplinary units of study. These units of study focus on a variety of topics including education, environmental conditions, cultural technologies and governance policies of other nations.
- The Performing Arts track offers students the opportunity to excel in their chosen area of interest: theatre, dance, chorus, piano, orchestra, band or visual arts. Within each program, students will not only expand their basic knowledge but will explore deeper understanding through practice and performance.
- The Academy at Lincoln offers an atmosphere where learning is the focus every day, all day, in every classroom, for every student.
- The school offers a variety of clubs and activities to help nurture students’ interests and talents beyond the classroom.
Points of Pride
- This arts-filled environment makes learning come alive by allowing students to express themselves creatively, build self-confidence and develop a lifelong love of the arts.
- The Global Studies program engages students in diverse cultural environments by exposing students to the international world in both core and encore curriculums.
- The Academy at Lincoln offers a diverse population of students, allowing for the opportunity to better understand the global world, as well as the world that surrounds them.
- The Academy at Lincoln is student-centered, and our students are supported by outstanding teachers and a dedicated parent base.
Interested in learning more about our magnet offerings? Below is a recording from our 2022 virtual magnet Q&A sessions: