OPEN ENROLLMENT DATES FOR PLAN YEAR 2024: OCTOBER 9 - 27, 2023
LINK TO GCS REQUEST FOR LEAVE OF ABSENCE FORM:
LINK TO REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
LINK TO REQUEST FOR VERIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT FORM:
LINKS TO U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR FMLA FORMS:
LINK TO GCS APPLICATION FOR VOLUNTARY SHARED LEAVE:
LINK TO GCS APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION TO DONATE VOLUNTARY SHARED LEAVE:
LINK TO WATCH VIDEO ON HOW TO REGISTER ON ORBIT:
LINK TO WATCH VIDEO ON HOW TO DESIGNATE YOUR BENEFICIARY(IES):
LINK TO POWERPOINT INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ENROLL IN BENEFITS:
Employee Tobacco Users Can Get a Head Start on Open Enrollment for Plan Year 2024: Employee SHP members who are tobacco users and want to earn the monthly premium credit for 2024 don’t have to wait until Open Enrollment this fall and can take action now to save money throughout 2024!
Starting July 1, 2023 – November 30, 2023, tobacco users can attend a tobacco cessation counseling session at the Primary Care Provider’s (PCP) office for FREE to earn a lower premium for 2024. (Note: If the tobacco cessation visit is combined with another service, there may be a copay.) This convenient employee SHP member option means there’s no need to wait for Open Enrollment in October to secure the monthly premium credit for 2024.
How it works:
- After a visit with the PCP for the tobacco cessation session, the provider will submit a claim on behalf of the employee SHP member. To ensure credit is received for the visit, employee SHP members can upload the office visit summary to the “Document Center” located in eBenefits, the State Health Plan’s enrollment system. Make sure to request a copy of their summary during their visit.
- This action is ONLY for tobacco users who want to reduce their monthly premium by $60 per month in 2024. If an employee SHP member is NOT a tobacco user, simply attest to that online during Open Enrollment, October 9-27, 2023.
- During Open Enrollment, the Tobacco Attestation MUST be completed during the online enrollment process. This step is critical to ensure an employee SHP member receives the lower premium for 2024.
LINK TO IMPORTANT STATE HEALTH PLAN INFORMATION INCLUDING THE CLEAR PRICING PROJECT: 2023 Clear Pricing Project and State Health Plan Network
LINK TO OPEN, VIEW AND DOWNLOAD PDF PLAN YEAR BOOKLET: FLEX BENEFITS 2023 PLAN YEAR BOOKLET
NC STATE HEALTH PLAN | CORONAVIRUS UPDATES:
State Health Plan Program:
The State Health Plan put multiple temporary benefit provisions in place to assist Plan members during the COVID-19 public health emergency. The federal government announced that the COVID-19 public health emergency ended on May 11, 2023. Here's what it means to employees regarding coverage as it relates to COVID-19:
- The Plan will continue to cover both the cost of the COVID-19 vaccine and vaccine administration at 100% when employees receive the vaccine at an in-network provider as part of the Plan’s preventive care benefits. If employees receive any other service during the visit, the visit may be subject to a copay. This is true for all other vaccines the Plan covers.
- The Plan will cover COVID-19 tests that are administered by a provider. If members receive any other service during the visit, the visit may be subject to a copay.
- The Plan will no longer cover the cost of over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 tests. Members will be responsible for the cost.
- The State Health Plan will no longer cover the cost of COVID testing as it relates to return to work. This means if you have to test negative before returning to work or if a place of employment requires regular testing.
The Plan continues to cover telehealth. Members should always ask their provider if they offer telehealth services. The Plan implemented a new telehealth policy effective January 1, 2023. Below are the services that will no longer be covered at the same copay as in-person care (if a person receives these services via a telehealth appointment). The services below will continue to be covered, but members will have to pay the appropriate copay.
- Dialysis services
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy evaluations
- COVID testing services
- Emergency Department Evaluation and Management Services
- Hospitalization Evaluation and Management Services
- Extended Office Visits
- New Patient Preventative/Annual Wellness Exams
Please call Customer Service at 888-234-2416 if you have any questions about your telehealth benefits.
Through Dec. 31, 2022, the State Health Plan has spent nearly $445.5 million on efforts to fight COVID, including tests, vaccines and treatment
Meet the team!
Kathy Chandler, Interim Director, Benefits
HR Benefits Coordinator - Health and Flex Benefits
HR Benefits Coordinator - Disability
HR Benefits Coordinator - Workers Comp/Workplace Injuries
HR Benefits Coordinator - Leave of Absence
HR Benefits Coordinator - Retirement / Health and Flex Benefits
HR Benefits Coordinator- Leave of Absence and ACA
HR Benefits Coordinator - Retirement