I am Sonya Shaw and my primary purpose is to assure accountability for services to students who have been or are currently in CTE’s special populations categories, in programs funded under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins V). I also provide instructional support to the CTE teachers who serve students in special population categories.
Special services are provided for the following students to ensure equal access to recruitment, enrollment, and placement activities:
· Individuals with disabilities
· English learners
· Individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including low-income youth and adults
· Individuals preparing for non-traditional fields
· Single parents, including single pregnant women
· Out-of-workforce individuals
· Homeless individuals described in section
· Youth who are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system and
· Youth with a parent who is a member of the armed forces and is on active duty.
Upcoming Events App
There are no upcoming events to display.