Welcome to the Academically Gifted Department
VS @ The Academy at Lincoln Meeting December 2022
The AG Department, in conjunction with Guilford Parent Academy, is hosting two virtual meetings to provide more information regarding the district’s highest level of academically gifted services, Very Strong (VS) services, offered at the Academy at Lincoln. The meetings will be held on December 6 at 6:00pm and December 8 at noon. Both meetings will provide the same information. The intent of these meetings is to provide families with information regarding the eligibility, registration, and enrollment processes. Use the link below to register to attend.
Click HERE to register for the VS @ The Academy at Lincoln Meeting.
Did you miss the informational session for Second Grade Families about the AG Screening and Identification Process? Click here to watch the recording of the session.
Would you like to find out about the NC Governor's School?
Review the presentation used during the recent informational meetings to get all your questions answered! Click here to learn more.
The GCS AIG Plan 2022-2025 was approved by the Board of Education on June 28, 2022. Click here to view the new AIG Plan.
Guilford Gifted, formerly known as P.A.G.E., is a non-profit organization where families can support our community’s brightest young minds with strong advocacy for the advancement of gifted education. Membership is Free. Join and "Advocate Today for a Gifted Tomorrow"! Click here to download the flyer and find out how to become a member.
The GCS Academically Gifted Department is committed to providing rigorous, challenging, and differentiated instruction to students who demonstrate a need for services beyond the regular education setting.
We provide support for more than 14,000 advanced students in grades K-12, including:
- Grades K-2 Consultative Services
- Nurture in grades 2 and 3
- Grades 3-5 AIG pull-out enrichment services
- Grades 3-5 Maximizing Academic Potential (MAP) talent development services
- Grades 6-8 advanced/accelerated course options in Math and English/Language Arts
- Grades 9-12 rigorous advanced coursework, including AP, IB, and dual enrollment opportunities
- Consultative support for classroom teachers K-12 in differentiated instruction and understanding the unique needs of the gifted learner
Exciting opportunities available to AG students:
- Academic All-Star Summer Camp for rising 9th graders
- 30 different Advanced Placement (AP) courses offered districtwide
- Challenging International Baccalaureate (IB) programs at four GCS high schools
- 2 Early College options for high school (Early College at Guilford and STEM Early College at NC A&T)