Non-GCS Professional Learning Events
CEU credit will be awarded for qualifying events by submitting an Out of District Event Request and providing proof of attendance/completion. Note the following important points regarding renewal credits:
- CEU credit cannot be awarded for any course with less than 5 hours of instruction. CEUs are granted for no more than 6 hours of staff development per day.
- For non-GCS events, individuals must submit an Out of District Event Request. To submit an Out of District Event request:
- First determine the type of event and CEU designation that you will be submitting
- If you are requesting DLC Credit it must be submitted and approved on the Blended Learning website.
- Conferences, college classes, on-line courses and Teacher Academy courses are examples of classes that would submit for approval.
- After you have completed your non-GCS event class, create an Out of District Event Request in Performance Matters by:
- Logging into the Performance Matters - Professional Learning platform
- Select the Out of District Event Request tab
- Complete all of the required information
- Select the type of CEU designation you want to be awarded (literacy academic, digital learning)
- Upload your documentation to the platform and submit your request
- Check your transcript periodically! Your official transcript can be access through Employee Self Service on the Staff Page.
Persons with questions concerning licensure renewal should contact the Staffing Department at 378-8806. Persons with questions concerning the renewal credit approval process should contact the Office of Professional Learning at 665-8003. You may also review the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) website for the most up-to-date information on CEU requirements and licensure renewal.