Become a GCS Volunteer!
With 126 schools, you're always in a great spot to volunteer!
Whether you have one hour to contribute occasionally or have a desire to be a weekly reading buddy, every opportunity we have to work with you is valued and appreciated.
Each year volunteers help support our students and schools by making great contributions like these:
- Speak to students about their work and interests
- Become a GCS advocate
- Work with students as Reading/Lunch Buddies
- Helping pick up or organize supplies in the Teacher Supply Warehouse
- Lead school campus clean-up projects
- Mentor a young man or young woman
- Teach the importance of character and integrity
- Help in the school front office
- Assist a teacher in the classroom or the cafeteria
- Assist classrooms virtually
- Plant flowers outside of our schools
- Help paint and renovate classrooms or sort and inventory athletic equipment
During the 2020-21 school year, 3,400 volunteers contributed 41,500 hours. Their time is priceless, but at the national value of an hour of volunteer time, their service totals more than $1.1 million.
For the safety of our students, and in compliance with our Board of Education Administrative Policy KF, volunteers who are 16 years old and older are required to register with GCS and complete a background check for any volunteer work that has the potential for unsupervised time with students.
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM AND GET YOUR SPOT! REGISTER HERE.
REGISTER. CONNECT. GO!
If you are interested in volunteering at a particular school, please register and contact the school office to speak with the volunteer coordinator. If you need assistance selecting a school, please contact us and we'll get you connected.