Effective January 1st 2023, all students must have a physical service learning approval form for each opportunity. This is for all new opportunities beginning January 1, 2023, and later. Hours will not be approved by the district if you do not have an approval form for that opportunity. This should be turned into Mrs. Chovanec BEFORE you begin logging hours for this opportunity.
UPDATE: Service-Learning Prorate
The following prorate is for the Class of 2023 only:
Proration: The following proration will be followed.
Students who have 186 hours submitted will obtain the Service-Learning Diploma.
- Students typically have 185 weeks (Freshman year to Service-Learning Senior deadline including summers) to earn the 250 hours towards the Service-Learning Diploma which equals an average of 1.35 hours per week. 250/185 = 1.35
- Students in high school during the mandatory COVID-19 at-home learning time have had a reduced opportunity to obtain service-learning hours. Based on this, we are prorating the requirement by 64 hours equaling 186 hours. Students did not have the opportunity for in-school experiences for 47 weeks. 185-47=138 138 x 1.35 = 186
Students in High School during COVID-19 who have submitted 75 hours will obtain the Service-Learning Award.
- Based on the above logic, the service-learning award would be reduced from 100 hours to 75 hours. 100/185 = .54 138 x .54 = 75
Students in the Class of 2024 and later will go back to normal Service Learning Expectations:
Diploma: 250 hours
Award: 100 hours
When participating in Service-Learning experiences, we expect students to:
1. Find an agency/organization/SEHS club that is connected with your interests and that will provide you an opportunity to make positive changes in your school or community.
2. Discuss what you would like to do with your parents and get their approval.
3. Complete the Service-Learning Approval Form and discuss your interests with the agency/organization/club. These forms are available online and in our Guidance Office.
4. Finalize your proposal and have your selected agency/organization/ SEHS club’s adult representative and your parents sign the Service-Learning Approval Form - giving you permission to conduct your service-learning experience.
If you are new to service learning:
1. You will need to make an account on the X2Vol Website (Links to an external site.)
If you need additional guidance on how to create an account, please click here for instructions
2. You will need to log your hours on X2Vol, for instructions on how to log your hours, click here
If you would like to log your hours on a paper form, you can download that here.
3. You can find opportunities to earn service learning hours on the x2vol website and on the canvas page. If there is an opportunity that is not listed, please submit a Service Learning Approval Form (Links to an external site.)
- Senior Application due: Monday, February 1st * Form will be posted on Canvas page*
- Approval Forms for NEW projects due: Wednesday, March 15th
- SL Hours on x2vol: Wednesday, April 19th (After Spring Break)
Have questions? Your service-learning team is here to help!
Service Learning Approval Form - online submission
Fill out your service learning approval form online for approval. Email Ms. Shore during the summer months.
Log into x2Vol when you're ready to submit your service-learning hours for verification and approval.