Career and College Promise (CCP)
Career & College Promise (CCP) is North Carolina’s dual enrollment program for high school students. This program allows eligible NC high school students to enroll in college classes at North Carolina community colleges and universities through their high school. Students who successfully complete college courses earn college credit they can take with them after graduation.
Apprentices are able to earn money on the job as soon as they start the apprenticeship program while also taking college classes at no cost. In fact, students actually get paid for time spent in class. See how you can get a jump start on a promising career, a college degree, and financial stability.
- Get paid for 8,000 hours of one-the-job and classroom training during the 4-year program
- Earn an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) from Guilford Technical Community College
- All tuition, books, and fees for the associate’s degree program are covered, so you graduate debt free
- Have the option after apprenticeship graduation to transfer degree credits to most state four-year universities in order to earn a bachelor’s degree
- Obtain specialized certification and experience that is recognized and sought by employers
- Many employers offer health insurance, retirement, and paid-time-off benefits to apprentices
Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB)
The ASVAB is a multiple-aptitude battery that measures developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success in the military. It is administered annually to more than one million military applicants, high school, and post-secondary students.