The students at Jefferson Elementary School are healthy and responsible individuals that are excited to learn and grow together. As globally competitive 21st Century leaders, they are empowered to continue to be life-long learners. All students at Jefferson participate in a rigorous curriculum that encourages innovation, risk-taking, excitement for learning, and personal growth in a trusting partnership. Our comprehensive school counseling program supports all students and fosters partnerships between students, staff, families, and community members in order to eliminate the achievement gap and equip all students to achieve their full potential. Our vision for students is based on the following beliefs:
- All students can learn and grow academically, socially, and emotionally.
- All students have unique strengths.
- We must work to actively engage children, families, and community members, and fully develop them as partners in the educational experience.
- Race is not a predictor of academic success.
- Curriculum and instructional techniques must be differentiated to meet the needs of all students.
- All students have the right to participate in a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate school counseling program delivered by a licensed school counselor.
The mission of the Jefferson Elementary Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students in a safe and nurturing environment. The Counseling Department is committed to partnering with stakeholders to provide evidence-based supports to empower student growth and build skills for life-long learning.