Periodically, the Board of Education will post policy updates and naming nominations for public comment to receive input from members of the community. Items that are currently open for comment are posted on this page with instructions on how to provide your feedback. The Board of Education values your opinion and appreciates your feedback on these items.
Public Invited to Comment on 16 Policies
30-day public comment period now open
June 11, 2019 – The Guilford County Board of Education has posted 16 policies for public comment. They represent a mix of new and revised policies.
These policies are part of a more extensive policy review process. GCS is working with the North Carolina School Boards Association to review and update all policies.
The 16 policies are:
- 1000 – Legal Status of the Board and School System
- 1010 – Board Authority and Duties
- 1760/7280 – Prohibition Against Retaliation
- 2010 – Board and Superintendent Relations
- 2100 – Board Member Legal Status
- 2110 – Board Member Elections
- 2115 – Unexpired Term Fulfillment
- 4100 – Age Requirements for Initial Entry
- 4130 – Discretionary Admission
- 4135 – Tuition for Discretionary Admissions
- 4210 – Release of Students from School
- 4220 – Student Insurance Program
- 4250/5075/7316 – NC Address Confidentiality Program
- 6140 – Student Wellness
- TBD – Constituent Services
- TBD – Credit Recovery
Comments may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to: Policy Comments, Guilford County Board of Education, 712 N. Eugene St., Greensboro, NC 27401.