As school counselors...
- We provide a comprehensive school counseling program that improves student achievement and enhances the academic, career and personal/social development of all students.
- The comprehensive school counseling program is delivered through classroom guidance lessons, individual student planning sessions, and individual and group counseling. School counselors collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators and other school staff to promote student success. School counselors also provide leadership and advocacy to promote equity and access to opportunities and rigorous educational experiences for all students.
Examples of Services We Provide:
Guidance Curriculum -Some examples of guidance lessons we provide might include:
- Planning for the Future
- Students are also able to participate in counseling groups.
- Groups focus on topics that several students are experiencing and can be a great way for students to relate to others while addressing an area of concern.
Other topics for guidance and groups include: academic skills support, peer relationships and communicating, conflict resolution, multicultural/diversity awareness Individual Student
- We offer one on one for students seeking support
- Topics might include: goal-setting, academic planning and assistance, career planning, education in understanding self and others, or school transition planning
- referrals to outside agencies
- individual and group counseling
- crisis intervention with individuals, families, and school crisis
- collaborating with staff, parents, and community members
- member of the school's student services team along with our school social worker, school psychologist, and assistant principal
All of our meetings and interactions with students are confidential. However, safety is our greatest priority and if a student is being harmed, or harming others we must break this confidentiality to make sure all students are safe.