Dear Students, Parents and/or Guardians,
My name is Ms. Faison and I am the School Counselor at Greensboro College Middle College. I look forward to meeting you and your student(s) and helping your student(s) succeed to meet their own personal goals for this school year and beyond.
My Role as Your Child’s School Counselor Is:
- To be an advocate for your child and work collaboratively with parents, students, teachers, administrators, and with our community.
- Educational Specialist who assists students with their academic, career development, and personal/social areas.
Some Reasons to Contact Me:
- Academic skills support
- Career/Future planning
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision making concerns
- Organization, study and test-taking skills
- Peer relationships, and conflict resolution problems
- Divorce, separation and family changes
- Experiencing loss, death and grief
- Substance abuse awareness
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- School-based and community resources information or referrals
A Little Bit About Me
Greetings GCMC Family!
My name is Stephanie Faison and I am overjoyed to serve as the school counselor here at Greensboro College Middle College High School. I am a National Board Certified School Counselor and bring to you over 23 years of service in education. I began my career as a middle school Science and Social Studies teacher at Allen Middle School before becoming a school counselor. As a school counselor, I have served at Cummings High School (Burlington, NC), Page High School, Middle College at Bennett and Grimsley High School. As school counselor, it is my goal to equip our students with the necessary tools and preparedness to be competitive in the 21st century global society that awaits them after graduation.
On a personal note, I enjoy reading, traveling, football, basketball, spending time with my family, friends and my sweet pup, little Memphis.
I am looking forward to the best school year ever!
Greensboro College Middle College
Office: 306 Cowan Building
815 West Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Telephone: (336) 370-8300 ext. 1201
Fax: (336) 370-8918