It's a Great Day and Year, to Be a Viking..... Hello Viking Nation..... My name is Jennifer Goldin. I will be your NC Math 2 Teacher this school year. I am SO excited to get to See, Meet, and Work with you all this school year.
As much as it is important for me to get to know you, it is just as important for you to get to know me. So, who is your math teacher this year?? To answer this question, I will begin with my teaching experience. This is will be my 28th year in the education field. I began my career, teaching in New York, as a math teacher in the elementary schools. During my time in New York, I also taught, Grades 2-5. When my children were born, my husband and I decided to move to North Carolina. My first teaching gig down here was teaching at Oak Ridge Elementary School. I taught at Oak Ridge for 10 years, teaching Grade 5 and AG Mathematics. I was then offered the opportunity to teach Middle School Mathematics at the Our Lady of Grace Catholic School. I taught Grade 6 and 7 Standard Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, and High School Geometry. After three years at Our Lady of Grace, a math position became available here at Northwest. This will be my fourth year here at Northwest. I have taught Foundations of Math 1, Foundations of Math 2, Math 1, Math 2, and Discrete Math. This year I will be just teaching Math 2.
I have two children. My daughter just graduated from Northwest in 2021 and is now at Clemson University studying Communications and Business. My son just graduated from Northwest and is now a Freshman at High Point University and will be studying Chemistry with possible concentrations in Forensics or Pharmacy. Both my children were Veteran members of the Northwest Color Guard, the Key Club, and in the National Honor Society. My daughter is a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority and a member of the Clemson University Tigervision which promotes all social and multi-media for Clemson. My son is a Science Fellow at High Point University and is the first male member of the color guard for the High Point University Pep Band. So, if you are ever at a sporting event, especially basketball game, at High Point University, and the Pep Band is performing, you can find my son spinning and tossing a flag.
I want all of you to know that my door is always open. Room 428 is always known as the Hub! Students come in and out just to say Hi and to hang out. I love having you all pop in to say Hello and let me know how your days are going. If you had any friends or family members who have had me or know me already, I JUST LOVE my New York Islanders and New York Giants. Now I am a committed Clemson/High Point Fan too! I hate slinky slimey's and creepy crawlies. YUCK! I love to travel and read.
Here at Northwest, I am the Advisor to the Key Club (Come join us, as we have over 100 members, where you can earn Service Learning Opportunities) and I was a Marching Band and Color Guard Mom (LOL, I still will be, even though my children are not members any longer) . I was also on the Northwest Marching Band Booster Club assisting Mr. McMath (our band director) in raising money for the band. My husband and I were also on the Prop Crew, where we built the props for the marching band shows. My daughter was in color guard all four years while at Northwest, and my son was a member of the color guard for 5 1/2 years.
This is just a little bit about me and I am so excited to learn more about all of your. I am here for you and we are a team..... Don't be shy, ask those questions, I am here to make sure you get through Math 2 and enjoy your school year.....
Let's Make It a GREAT Year, Vikings...........
Phone Number: 336-605-3300
Lets Walk the Plank Together, Vikings...........
My daily 2021/2022 schedule and Links to Your Period's Canvas Page, is as follows:
Period 1: Math 2 Honors/ Periods 1 and 5
Period 2: CP Math 2 Inclusion/ Periods 2, 3, and 6
Period 3: CP Math 2 Inclusion/ Periods 2, 3, and 6
Period 4: Lunch / Planning
Period 5: Math 2 Honors/ Periods 1 and 5
Period 6: CP Math 2/ Periods 2, 3, and 6
HOMEROOM: Homeroom Room 428
A MAJOR part of our school year is going to be: COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, AND MORE COMMUNICATION!!
1. The best way to communicate will be through Canvas. You can directly message me on there and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
2. Most information about our classes will be given to you on Canvas. Some Assessments, All Assignments, Important Information, School Information, and Messaging will be available to read or access on Canvas. There will be Assignments uploaded for you to follow with instructions, times, and due dates. Live Grading though will be found with 24/7 access on Power School. Please make sure to sign in, at least weekly, to be on top of where your grades are. Please share this information with parents/guardians. This will help to make adjustments to studying/tutoring, quickly, so that you are not stressed at the end of a Quarter trying to pass Math. It is your responsibility to check your grades.
3. Right now, all instruction will be In Person. We will also have LIVE lessons, if Guilford County so deems us to go Virtual. This will be just like as if we were in the classroom. Please be ready to bring questions or concerns to these Live Lessons. The material will be taught and you will interact with us about this material. ALL Lessons WILL BE recorded so that you can go back to view them after our time is up. This also is great in case you are sick or you just want to go back and review, you can go back anytime to watch them at any time. This will be communicated to all students and parents, if Guilford County needs us to go Virtual.
4. Please see the my email information below:
This is still a very uncertain time...... I am always here to help and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Mrs. Goldin - firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Northwest Guilford HS- 336-605-3300
6. Please Sign Up for My REMIND:
If you have a cellphone. Please take it out and text the following code to where you see your class period with me:
Everyone, Send Texts to 81010
In the Message, please type the following code to gain access to your Class Period's Remind:
Period 1 (Math 2 Honors): @da24c93
Period 2 (CP Math 2/ Inclusion): @d97bbb
Period 3 (CP Math 2/Inclusion): @a6g79b
Period 5 (Math 2 Honors): @hfb32e
Period 6 (CP Math 2): @period6cpm