SECU Scholarship Information
SECU Foundation People Helping People Scholarship to a recipient who:
- Is either an SECU member or is eligible for membership through a parent/guardian. Student or their parent/guardian must be a member at the time of application.
- Is a senior at a North Carolina public high school who has been accepted to one of the 16 constituent campuses of the University of North Carolina System, copy of acceptance letter must be provided.
- Is a US citizen and a resident of North Carolina under NCGS 116-143.1 and is eligible for in-state tuition.
- Best exemplifies the “People Helping People” philosophy of SECU, and has demonstrated leadership, excellence of character, integrity, and community involvement.
- Demonstrates scholastic achievement with a maintained 2.5 or higher unweighted grade point average on a 4.0 scale and may be deserving of financial aid.
- Will use the scholarship to pay for full-time undergraduate student tuition and fees.
- Agrees to continue as a full-time student in good standing (maintained 2.5 or higher GPA) with the same university for up to eight (8) consecutive fall/spring semesters payable at $1,250 per semester. Scholarships are not transferable without prior approval of SECU Foundation.
Use the links below for more information and how to apply!
Please forward the following COMPLETED information to Ms. Albright at firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER than February 17, 2023 to be considered.
To access our online application portal, please visit: www.cfgg.org.
The Jason Christopher James Memorial Scholarship applications are due February 5, 2023. One $7,500 award will be given to a student interested in politics, international relations, traveling, and studying/living abroad.
The Tyler David Williams Memorial Scholarship applications are due March 4, 2023. One $2,500 scholarship will be awarded based upon academic achievement. While it is considered during the selection process, economic need is not a prerequisite to apply.
The John Carlton Myatt Creative Writing Scholarship applications are due May 6, 2023. One $3,000 award will be given to a student who intends to pursue a degree in English, Writing, or Language Arts. Examples of creative and/or critical writing must be submitted along with this application.
The Herman and Earline Herbin Scholarship applications are due March 4, 2023. Two $1,750 renewable scholarships will be awarded to two Guilford County high school seniors. The scholarship is primarily need based, but academic standing will be a secondary determining factor.
The Thomas and Bettie O’Briant Scholarship applications are due March 4, 2023. One $2,500 scholarship will be awarded and is renewable for up to four years. This award is based on need and academic achievement.
The Kay Hagan Memorial Scholarship applications are due February 15, 2023. This scholarship is intended for a female high school senior with a passion for community and civic leadership. The $1,000 scholarship is renewable for up to 4 years.
The William Bryant Evans and Lucy Teague Evans Memorial Scholarship is intended for students living in the McCleansville area with an interest in majoring in science or the humanities. The $1,000 renewable award is based on need and academic achievement and applications are due March 4, 2023.
Please contact Connie Leeper at email@example.com or (336) 790-6613 if you have any questions.