Key Performance Indicators Update: Math 1 & Honors Mathematics Enrollment
TO: Members, Board of Education
FROM: Sharon L. Contreras, Superintendent
Judith M. Penny, Executive Director, Accountability & Research
DATE: October 2, 2018
RE: Goal II Enrollment Key Performance Indicators Update
At the October 9 Board meeting, staff will present updated data around enrollment key performance indicators (KPIs) under Goal II: To increase the percentage of incoming sixth-graders passing N.C. Math 1 (Algebra 1) with a C or better by the end of their ninth grade year to 75 percent (currently 69.8 percent).
Goal II KPIs:
- Percentage of students enrolled in NC Math 1 course overall and in comparison to proportional representation in 8th grade.
- Percentage of students enrolled in honors mathematics courses overall and in comparison to proportional representation in 6th and 7th grade.
- Goal II Enrollment KPIs Baseline Presentation PowerPoint
- GCS Grade 6 Honors Math Course Enrollment By Student Group
- GCS Grade 7 Honors Math Course Enrollment By Student Group
- GCS Grade 8 NC Math 1 Course Enrollment By Student Group
- GCS Grade 6 Math Enrollment By School
- GCS Grade 7 Math Enrollment By School
- GCS Grade 8 Math Enrollment By School