Other Enrichment Resources
Anyone, anywhere can code. One-hour tutorials in over 45 languages. Choose from coding lessons aligned to math, language arts, music, science, or social studies! No experience needed. Ages 4 to 104.
Continue your independent 30 minutes of reading from home. GCS students have access to over 10,000 eBooks that align to their curriculums. K-5 students can read about bugs and ecosystems while secondary students can read about weather and space. Log in from any device, anywhere!
Find out more about the district's eBook Shelf at this link. Thanks to the GCS eBook Shelf, Guilford County Schools students can check out more than 5,000 eBooks and more than 130 audio books. It's just one way the district is working with families to ensure students can access reading materials anywhere - at home, school - even on the road!
GCS ebooks are available for all students through the eBook Shelf. Students in grades 3-8 are encouraged to select a book connected to the theme within the current literacy unit. Grade-level themes are:
- Third grade: Traditional Tales or Marine Life
- Fourth grade: Sports or US States
- Fifth grade: Realistic Fiction or Civil War Era
- Sixth grade: Adventure or Environmental Studies
- Seventh grade: Mystery or Civil Rights
- Eighth grade: Science Fiction or Energy
Storyline Online for K-5: https://www.storylineonline.net/ - Listen to your favorite stars read your favorite books.
Unite for Literacy ~ http://uniteforliteracy.com/ ~ Picture books that have audio in many different languages.
Open Library ~ https://openlibrary.org/ ~ 1 million free ebooks including the Classics.
Public Library - GOALS Login
All GCS students now have access to Greensboro and High Point Library resources using their student ID.
Students will login by using GCS + student number. The PIN is birth day + birth year. It is the same for both Greensboro and High Point Library System.
- All Students will gain 24/7 access to an array of online resources provided by both the Greensboro Public Library and the High Point Public Library.
- Students will be able to borrow 10 total items at any given time, with a maximum of 5 electronic items.
- Students will login by using GCS + student number. The PIN is birth day + birth year.
- There are no overdue fines for GOALS library accounts. However, students and their parents/guardians will be responsible for the cost of lost materials.
- All GCS students are automatically enrolled in the GOALS program. Your Principal has an opt-out form available for parents not wanting their child to participate in the initiative.