• Guilford County Schools employs an EC Parent Liaison to answer questions and help parents navigate the special education process. If you have any questions, please contact Jacqui Hawkins at 336-370-8355 or hawkinj@gcsnc.com

    Comments (-1)
  • Concerned About Your Child

    If your child is between the ages of 3 and 21, and you suspect delays in the development of speech-language, readiness, motor, social-behavior, academic, and self-help skills...

    • Concerned parents of preschool children can contact EC PreK at 336-294-7473 
    • Concerned parents of school-age children can contact the school that your child attends, or the school zoned for your home address.




    Steps for Addressing Concerns - From time to time, disagreements between families and schools may occur regarding the development and implementation of a student's individualized education program (IEP). It is highly recommended that the following steps be considered in order to resolve differences quickly.

    Step 1: Address at classroom level. Talk with your child's teacher or related service provider about your concerns.

    Step 2: Address at school level. Talk with the school principal about your concerns.

    Step 3: Address at the district level. If you still have IEP related concerns, contact the EC School Support Lead of your school. If you are unsure who that person is, call the EC Parent Liaision at 336-370-8355 for assistance.

    • For school related concerns, please speak with the Principal Supervisor in your Zone.

    If you need assistance determining who to speak with, contact the EC Parent Liaison at 336-370-8355.