Career and Technical Education (CTE) prepares all students for high skill, high wage, or in-demand careers. The experience begins with career inspiration in Pre-K, awareness in elementary school, exploration in middle school, and preparation in high school. CTE equips students for post-secondary education and immediate employment opportunities to successfully compete worldwide.
- Career Clusters and Pathways
- CTE or WBL Stats
NC Top Growth Sectors:
- NC ranks 2nd in the nation in Information Technologies. IT has grown 26% since 2010.
- Software and telecommunications sector have grown 38% during past five years.
- NC automotive grew 25% during past 5 years
- NC ranks #2 for STEM program completion in U.S.
- NC is a leading state for STEM job growth.
- NC’s biotech cluster has grown
31% since 2001.
- Raleigh ranks No. 2 & Durham ranks No. 3 as Most Educated Cities in America.
- NC is 7th best state for aerospace manufacturing
- CTE and skilled-trades are needed which accounts for 65% of all careers
CTE Works for HS students:
Taking one CTE class for every two academic classes minimizes the risk of students dropping out of HS