2022 Band Camp & Marching Band Information
Band Camp Registration Procedures
Grimsley High School Campus Map
Drum Line Camp - August 1-5, 2022 (9:00 am-4:00 pm)
Drum Line tryouts will take place during this camp.
Full Band Camp - August 8-12, 2022
Monday-Wednesday: 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am-6:15 pm (Parent performance at 6:00 pm)
**Parent Meeting to follow in cafeteria**
Friday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Band Camp Dates 2023 (Next Summer)
July 31-August 4
Summer Letter/Forms/Band Fees Information
Below is the summer letter sent to families. You can open the PDF and it will provide you with the links you need.
Summer Band Information Letter 2022
The forms below are required for participation in the Grimsley Band. Please download and fill these out, then submit via the forms link below.
Off-Campus Approved Check-out List
Submit Completed Forms Here: Forms Upload Link
Band Fees: Below is the band fee order link. Please fill this out and then payment can be submitted by cash or check on the first day of band camp or via PayPal (must include the surcharge with payment).
**Once you complete this form, you will be emailed a PDF summarizing your order. Submit this PDF with your payment on the first day of band camp.
* The chart at the bottom of this page defines the fee breakdown.
New Marching Band Member, your total fee is:
1. Non-drumline member: $115
2. Drumline member: $105
Returning Marching Band Member, your total fee is:
1. Non-drumline member: $65
2. Drumline member: $55
3. If you need to order a new polo ($20) or dinkles ($30), please add this cost to your band fee.
WHAT DO I BRING TO BAND CAMP?
1. Comfortable clothes and shoes - We will be outside for most of band camp. Please dress for the weather and wear shoes that will support your feet, legs, and body while marching.
2. Instrument - You will need this every day.
3. Flip folder and lyre (wind players only - flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, mellophone, trombone, baritone, tuba) - These can be purchased at a local music store. Just tell the store representative what instrument you play and they can assist you.
4. Music - This will be provided to the students. If you have it from previous years, please bring it.
5. Lunch/snack/water - Pack your lunch, bring a snack and a water bottle. Students are not allowed to leave campus for lunch.
6. Hat, sunscreen, bug spray, sunglasses
7. Forms and band fees.
Drop Off and Pick Up
Drop off and pick up - Students can be dropped off and picked up in the bus lot at Grimsley HS. The music building is on the right side of that lot. Reminder that we start at 9:00 am, therefore students need to be dropped off 15 minutes early to get started on time.
These uniform requirements are for football games & parades. Students do not need to wear this to band camp.
Summer Uniform (These are worn during August & September while the weather is still relatively hot.)
*This uniform is needed by the first football game on August 26.
- Grimsley Band Polo (purchased through band boosters)
- Khaki Shorts
- White or Navy Blue Tennis Shoes (These are Grimsley colors. No other colors accepted)
- White socks
Winter Uniforms (We usually begin to wear these when the weather cools down or the first game in October.)
- Winter Uniform (provided by Grimsley - this is a uniform pant, coat, and hat)
The following items are required for the Winter Uniform and are purchased by students through the band boosters.
- Grimsley Band T-shirt
- Dinkles Marching Band Shoe
- White Uniform Gloves (all non-drumline members)
- Black Socks (student must provide these, not purchased through the boosters)