Degrees and Certifications:
Guilford Apprenticeship Partners (GAP) Requirements
GUILFORD APPRENTICESHIP PARTNERS (GAP)
How do you know if the apprenticeship program is right for you?
While Guilford Apprenticeship Partners offers students opportunities across a range of fields, there are some general characteristics that you can use as a guide to know if you will be happy and successful in an apprenticeship.
- Do you enjoy science, math, or technology?
- Do you like to work with others on a team?
- Do you arrive at school on time and complete assignments on time?
- Do you like the idea of starting your career now?
If you can answer yes to these questions, apprenticeship may be just the path for you!
The apprenticeship program also has some specific requirements for applicants.
Student Apprenticeship Requirements
- Minimum unweighted GPA of 2.8
- Must be a high school junior or senior to apply
- Community college placement test *
- Math 1, Math 2, and Math 3
- Good attendance (No more than 5 absences per year)
- Commitment of parent/guardian and student
*The Reading and Writing Test is waived for those with a score of 500 SAT Writing or 500 SAT Reading; or 18 ACT Writing or 22 ACT Reading. The Math Test is waived for those with a score of 500 SAT Math or 22 ACT Math.
Recommended High School Courses
- Project Lead The Way (PLTW) Engineering Courses
- Computer Application Courses
- Metals Manufacturing
- Any related hands-on courses like Automotive, Electronics, HVAC