If you have requested bus transportation please read the information below:
- Drivers will not perform temperature checks of students before they get on the bus.
- Students MUST wear a mask to get on the bus and social distance at the bus stop.
Attestation Form Process and Procedures
- The Attestation Form has to be completed each day, prior to the morning pickup, before the students board the bus to be seated.
- Bus drivers will review the form of each student every day prior to the child being seated on the bus.
- The student will place the completed Attestation Form in a designated area on the bus as directed by the bus driver.
- Upon arrival at the school, the driver will provide school staff with the completed Attestation Forms.
- Attestation Forms will be filed and maintained by the school.
- This process shall be followed every day to ensure all students meet the screening health protocols set forth by NCDHHS.
- Each child’s temperature will be checked at school. If the temperature is 100.4 or higher the child will be placed in the isolation room and parents will be called to pick up their child.
The print version of the bus attestation form in English and in Spanish is given below. Click to access the electronic health attestation form.
School Bus FAQs and School Bus Rider Protocols The information in the School Bus FAQs and School Bus Rider Protocols document covers safety procedures and protocols for school bus transportation.
Because of social distancing guidelines and the limited number of students who are permitted to ride each bus, students may only ride a bus if they have been assigned to that bus route. A student (friend, play-date, etc.) cannot ride home with another student on the bus even with parental permission.