DonorsChoose Technology Guidelines
Guidance to commonly asked questions about technology and a list of devices supported by GCS Technology Services. Please use this information to support development of successful grant and DonorsChoose projects:
1. Who owns devices secured through grant or DonorsChoose projects:
- Technology received through DonorsChoose becomes the property of the school, per DonorsChoose policy.
- Technology received through grant projects becomes the property of schools in most cases. Please consult grant award agreement for guidance.
2. What to do when your new technology arrives:
New equipment is required to go through two important steps, so devices work properly and can be supported by GCS Technology Services:
- Registering devices in the GCS technology inventory
- Formatting devices so they are added to the GCS network and software is installed properly
3. Here is the three-step process to follow to register and format new devices
- As soon as any devices are received, please visit https://gcstcs.gcsnc.com to create a technology support ticket. Be sure to include your name, school, and classroom number.
- The Tech Support representative assigned to your school will contact you and schedule a time to pick up devices from your classroom. You will have an opportunity to talk with your representative about any questions you have regarding your device.
- The inventory and formatting process generally takes only one to two business days, unless an order contains a large number of devices.
4. What equipment does GCS Technology Services currently support?
- Grades 4-12: Teacher device is the Lenovo 300E Chromebook; student device is the Lenovo L15
- Grades PreK-3: Teacher device is the Apple MacBook Air; student device is the Apple iPad 10.2 - 256 GB
Please note: At this time, new orders for Dell devices are not allowed.
- Interactive Projectors (require mounting/installation): Epson 685 Bright Link with mount; faceplates, cabling, and installation; and whiteboard if not already installed
- Non-Interactive Projectors (used on a cart, do not require mounting): Epson PL107 and Epson 530 Short Throw Projector
Please note: If mounting is requested, please contact Technology Services for installation cost.
- Lumens DC193 and AVerVision F17-8M
Televisions and Classroom Audio Enhancement:
- Television: Samsung Commercial TV available in several sizes. Please contact Technology Services to discuss mounting and installation.
- Audio: Lightspeed 955 Access, Flexmike, and TCQ multimedia speaker; Lightspeed Redcat Access with Flexmike