*Please note: These are application requirements needed to “apply” and does not guarantee acceptance.
Due to the rigor and pace of the curriculum at BSMS, it is required that students:
- Score a 70th percentile or higher on the EOG in both Math and Reading in their last tested year.
- Have a final (year-end) grade of an A or B in each subject area in their 4th Grade Year.
- Possess a grade of A or B in each subject area on the most current report card in their 5th grade.
- 7th & 8th Grade applicants must meet the same criteria but include their latest test scores and grades.
After the application period closes on February 20, 2023 at 5pm, applicants are ranked and the top 80 rising 6th graders are accepted. Rising 7th and 8th grade applicants are also ranked and will be accepted based on available seats. The remaining students go on the waitlist.
The 2023-2024 magnet application window will be open from January 13 through February 20. Families may apply online at gcsnc.schoolmint.net. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on February 20, 2023.
For technical support, please reach out to SchoolMint at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-370-8303
Families will be notified of acceptance by March 10th and you must accept or decline offers by March 17th.
What We Offer
- Advanced Classes
- Math: AIMM, Acc 7, Math 1, Math 2
- Advanced ELA 6-8, English 1
- Latin, Computer Science, Visual Art in addition to PE
- Monthly Character Trait Breakfasts
- Friday In-School Clubs such as
- Garden Club
- History Club
- Craft Club
- Drawing, Computer Games. Creative Writing
- Academic Clubs such as:
- Chess Club
- Quiz Bowl
- The Twelve
- Mock Trial
- Battle of the Books
- Math Counts
High school courses are offered for students meeting the criteria established for those courses. We offer various activities throughout the year that provide students with leadership, scholarship, and service-learning skills that prepare them to be globally competitive.
- Advanced Classes
If you would like to see our school and hear from teachers, staff, and current students, please visit us during one of our Tuesday tours.
January 31, 10-11am
February 7, 1:30-2:30pm
February 14, 10-11am
We will also have an Open House on February 9, 5-6pm.