International Exchange Students
The presence of international exchange students in schools is accepted as an educational opportunity for local schools and as an expression of good will by the school system. The Guilford County Schools supports international exchange programs as culturally beneficial to students and communities. International exchange students who apply for admission through agencies which are recognized by the United States Department of State and the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel will be considered for acceptance. Students will be accepted for up to one year of academic study at a GCS high school and will be expected to live with a host family who are domiciled in Guilford County and to abide by all rules expected of other GCS students.
Families must work with International Exchange agencies for placement consideration.
2022-23 Application Information
- All applications and materials must be submitted before July 1, 2022 to be considered for the 2022-23 school year.
- Second semester enrollment in high schools which follow block schedules will be permitted only by special approval (High Point Andrews, Dudley, Eastern, High Point Central, Ragsdale, Southern, Southwest).
- Applications for the second semester should be made by November 1.
- Please email Dr. Slade at email@example.com to be considered for special approval.
- There will be no second semester enrollment in high schools which follow traditional schedules (Grimsley, Northeast, Northern, Northwest, Page, Smith, Southeast, Western).
2023-24 Application Information
- Agency applications must be submitted before December 15, 2022 to be considered for the 2023-24 school year.
- All student materials and supporting documentation are to be submitted by July 1, 2023 for the first semester of the following school year.
- Agencies may email Dr. Slade at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Program Agency Application.