A Parent's Right To Know
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act, parents may request the following information:
- Whether the student's teacher -
- Has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- Is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived. and,
- Is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
Ask your child’s principal about how to access this information.
How your child’s school is performing. The North Carolina School Report card is typically released in November or December of each school year.
- We believe it is important to provide parents with logical and detailed information about their schools. To help accomplish that goal, progress reports for each school in the Guilford County School System are available to view on the individual school website.