Out of County Information
OUT OF COUNTY NOTICE FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR: Due to the pandemic, enrollment requests for new students whose domicile is outside of Guilford County will not be accepted for the 2021-2022 school year. Considerations for the 2022-2023 school year will be revisited in the Spring of 2022. Please check this page for updates or contact the Student Assignment Office at 336-370-8303 if you have any questions. Thank you.
RELEASES TO OTHER SCHOOL SYSTEMS
Per Board Policy JBCC, Student Assignment has the authority to approve or deny requests for releases based upon the following factors:
1. documented medical reasons,
2. documented evidence of extreme and unusual hardship which affects the student's achievement and/or behavior,
3. change of domicile during the school year, and
4. program availability.
Procedure for Requesting Release:
1. Applications for releases must be made to the Student Assignment Office by the parent or legal guardian between May 1 and July 1. Click here to access the 2021-2022 Release
2. Student Assignment shall notify the parents, legal guardian, or legal custodian and the other school system of the decision in writing. If the request for a release is disapproved, the notice shall be given to the applicant by certified or registered mail.
Appeal to the Board
If the application for release is denied, the applicant may, within five (5) days after receiving notice of the denial, apply to Student Assignment for a hearing with a Board of Education panel in writing on the question of the release of the child to a different school district.