Out of County Information
OUT OF COUNTY NOTICE FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR:
Guilford County Schools has the responsibility to approve or deny requests for admission for students who do not reside in Guilford County.
The following must be met for consideration, including but not limited to:
- There is an extraordinary, compelling, specific family need
- Space is available
- The student demonstrates that he/she was in good standing
- The student pays the tuition then being charged by the school administrative unit, unless exempted or waived based on criteria outlined in board policy
- No transportation will be provided
You may submit a request between May 1-July 1 for consideration at gcsnc.schoolmint.net.
RELEASES TO OTHER SCHOOL SYSTEMS
Per Board Policy 4150, Student Assignment has the authority to approve or deny requests for releases based upon the following factors:
1. documented medical reasons,
2. documented evidence of extreme and unusual hardship which affects the student's achievement and/or behavior,
3. change of domicile during the school year, and
4. program availability.
Releases for the 2022-2023 school year will begin May 1 - July 1. This will be an online process through SchoolMint. Please go to gcsnc.schoolmint.net to create an account.
Procedure for Requesting Release:
1. Applications for releases must be made to the Student Assignment Office by the parent or legal guardian between May 1 and July 1.
2. Student Assignment shall notify the parents, legal guardian, or legal custodian and the other school system of the decision in writing.
Appeal to the Board
If the application for release is denied, the applicant may, within five (5) days after receiving notice of the denial, apply to Student Assignment for a hearing with a Board of Education panel in writing on the question of the release of the child to a different school district.