• Where do I Apply for College?


      Next Steps:

      1. SEND TRANSCRIPTS! If you are attending a community college/university in North Carolina, please request your transcript through CFNC.org (same log in as the Residency Determination Services). This way transcripts will automatically be electronically delivered to their school. If you don’t remember your CFNC account or password contact your school counselor.

        If you are attending a community college/university outside of North Carolina, please request your final transcript through ScribOrder. This way transcripts will automatically be electronically delivered to their school.

        Submit RDS if applying to an NC College or University. 

        Send test scores through YOUR Collegeboard account or ACT account. 


      • CSS PROFILE applications available. PROFILE is a supplemental financial aid form required by some colleges. It is available on the College Board website and does cost a small fee unless a student has already taken the SAT with a fee waiver.
      • Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online using 2019 Federal Tax information. Make sure to complete the 22-23 FAFSA.

      College News

      • Students who have a minimum weighted high school GPA of 2.5, or an SAT of 1010 or ACT of 19, is the minimum to be eligible for admission to UNC System Schools. 
      • New policy is not test-optional, meaning that students will still be required to submit some form of standardized test score with their application.
      • Not sure about next year? Consider a “gap year.” CIEE offers US high school graduates a unique way to explore the world. More information at https://www.ciee.org/






      Additional Information 

      Endorsements: Again this year, North Carolina graduates will have the opportunity to earn Endorsements to their High School Diploma. Endorsements are not required to graduate but are an additional recognition from the state. Endorsements are earned by completing specific coursework, maintaining a minimum GPA, etc. Students may earn multiple endorsements, and no special application is needed. Students earning an endorsement will be recognized with a seal placed on the diploma, and the endorsement will be indicated on the transcript. 

      Diploma Endorsements https://www.dpi.nc.gov/districts-schools/high-school-graduation-requirements/high-school-diploma-endorsements