To ensure that our student-athletes and coaches can safely participate, the Guilford County Board of Education has implemented a testing requirement for those participants who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This means that all unvaccinated coaches, sponsors, athletes will be tested for COVID-19 on a regular basis.
- In-season athletes and coaches who are not fully vaccinated will be required to consent to testing as a condition of participating on the team.
- Participants will be required to get tested for COVID-19 two times per week until the number of cases decreases.
- Testing will be conducted on-site at the school during normal working hours.
- Both antigen and PCR tests will be used.
- Antigen test results will be provided on the day of the test, usually within 20 minutes.
- PCR test results will usually be returned in 24-72 hours.
- We will follow our established protocols for staff and students who test positive.
- The tests have at a minimum, FDA Emergency Use Approval.
- We will follow a district-wide testing calendar that will be posted and shared with parents.
- If anyone required to participate in testing misses their test, they will not be permitted to participate until they provide acceptable proof of a negative test result (antigen or PCR) or until the next cycle of testing at the school. Home tests are not acceptable.
High School Test Schedule: Testing for high school athletes and coaches will occur twice per week. This testing will usually take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays on the school campus. Testing days could be adjusted due to weather, holidays, or changes to the school calendar. The testing time for each high school is below.
Southwest Guilford High School Testing Schedule: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM (Tues. &Thurs.)