Public Service Loan Forgiveness Form Portal
Don’t panic! You do not have to submit a PSLF form to MOHELA by Oct. 31, 2022 if you have completed one of the actions below.
1. Use the PSLF Help Tool by Oct. 31, 2022, to generate a PSLF form that is eventually approved. The Education Department will maintain a record if you complete all the steps of the PSLF Help Tool on or before Oct. 31, 2022, but you must still print, sign, have your employer(s) sign, and submit the PSLF form to MOHELA, the PSLF servicer.
2. Use the PSLF Help Tool by Oct. 31, 2022, and have a pending review of your employer’s eligibility and the Education Department (ED) later determines your employer is eligible. If you use the PSLF Help Tool on or before Oct. 31, 2022, and your employer’s status is listed as “likely ineligible/undetermined” or “ineligible,” but you believe your employer is eligible and you elect to proceed through the PSLF Help Tool, you will be able to complete all the steps of the tool and request a review of your employer. However, you will not be able to print your form for signature or submission while the review is pending. Once the ED completes its review of your employer’s eligibility, you will be notified. The ED will also maintain a record if you complete all the steps of the PSLF Help Tool on or before Oct. 31, 2022, and a review is pending. You will receive the benefit of the limited PSLF waiver if the ED later determines the employer is eligible.
3. By submitting a manual PSLF form (not generated by the PSLF Help Tool) with your employer’s signature that must be dated on or before Oct. 31, 2022, and this form must later be approved. When the limited PSLF waiver ends on Oct. 31, 2022, we will process your manually submitted PSLF form using the date an authorized official from your employer signed your PSLF form. To receive benefits of the limited PSLF waiver, the employer’s signature and date on your PSLF form must be on or before Oct. 31, 2022, even if you submit your form at a later date.
If the date signed by your employer’s authorized official is on or after Nov. 1, 2022, the normal program requirements for PSLF and TEPSLF apply.
Please go to the following link to find more information and answers to your questions regarding the PSLF application.
Instructions for submitting PSLF form to Human Resources for verification and signatures.
- Download the PSLF form and save to your desired file location. PSLF Form
- Open the PSLF form in Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
- Complete page 1 of the PSLF form.
- You may enter the last 4 of your SSN when submitting to HR. You will need to FILL IN COMPLETE SSN before submitting to U.S. Department of Education.
- Make sure you print and sign the bottom of page 1. (Must be hand written.)
- Scan and save the PSLF form.
- Open this site to submit form to HR.
- Click Select Files and choose your scanned PSLF form.
- HR will verify, complete the form, and return to the email address listed on page 1. Forms will be processed in the order they are received.
- If an alternative return method is desired, please call (336) 378-8822 immediately after submitting the form.
- Fill in complete SSN and sign form at bottom of page 1.
- Send your completed form to one of these options:
- Mail to U.S. Department of Education, FedLoan Servicing, P.O. Box 69184 Harrisburg, PA 17106-9184
- Fax to 717-720-1628
- Upload to MyFedLoan.org/FileUpload, if FedLoan Servicing is already your provider.