What is Project Child Find?
An effort coordinated by your local school system and the Exceptional Children Division, State Department of Public Instruction to:
- Locate and identify children and young people aged from birth through 21 with disabilities who are in need of special education and related services.
- Inform parents and/or guardians of the services available from their local school system and other state and community agencies.
Who are the children?
Children and young people who have been diagnosed or are suspected to have intellectual, physical, or emotional disabilities,and are unable to benefit from a regular school program without special assistance.
What help is available?
- A complete evaluation and, if appropriate,
- An individualized education program (IEP) for children with a disability beginning at age 3,
- An individualized family service plan (IFSP) for each child with a disability birth through 2, or
- A referral to other agencies when needed.
For further information regarding Project Child Find, or if you suspect your student may have a disability and need special education and/or related services, please contact:
3 - 4 years of age - EC PreK - 336-294-7473
5 - 22 years of age - EC Services - 336-370-2323