Becoming a Certified Firm
To become certified by the state as a minority-owned (MBE), woman-owned business (WBE) or disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE), please see the following certification requirements.
Who is eligible for MWBE Certification?
The business is at least 51% owned and operated on a daily basis by a woman or minority, which includes socially and economically disadvantaged individuals according to North Carolina General Statute 143-128.
- Complete the detailed application process with the:
- N.C. Department of Transportation - MBE and WBE Certification
- N.C. Department of Administration - N.C. Statewide Uniform Certification for Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) or the N.C. Small Business Enterprise Program (NCSBE)
- N.C. Department of Transportation - N.C. Certification for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs)
- Provide sufficient documentation per the requirements for each certification.