PS Options

Senior Planning Document

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
  • Where Do I Apply to College?

    Applying to colleges is a big step in your post-secondary planning phase. Start the process by checking the admissions page(s) of the colleges/universities you want to apply to. It is important to know the expectations for each school and the admissions deadline to ensure you are on track throughout the application process. Below are 2 common sites used to apply to schools here in NC and around the world. Click the icons to be directed to the sites.  

    - Best for applying to schools in the state of NC.

    - Best for applying to schools outside of NC.

    Common App Questions

    - Q:What is the GPA Scale? A: 10.0 - Q: What is our class ranking reporting? A: Exact Rank - Q: Rank weighting? A: Weighted

    - Fee Waiver? If you say that you are paying with a fee waiver, you must email a copy of your Medicaid card or free/reduced lunch approval to Mrs.  Powell, Counseling Secretary. 


    How do I find my GPA?

    • Your transcript lists your weighted and unweighted GPA. Request a copy using the Transcript tab.
    • Your GPA is cumulative over your 4 years of high school.
    • GPA is re-calculated at the end of each semester for block-scheduled classes and at the end of the year for year-long classes.

    Remember every senior must send their official transcript when you send your college application. See the Transcript tab on this site for more information.


    UNC Systems College Deadlines

    UNC Admissions Requirements

  • How do I pay for college?


    Many nonprofit and private organizations offer scholarships to help students pay for college or career school. This type of free money, which is sometimes based on academic merit, talent, or a particular area of study, can make a real difference in helping you manage your education expenses.


    A grant is a form of financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund, or you receive a TEACH Grant and don’t complete your service obligation). A variety of federal grants are available, including:

    • Pell Grants,
    • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG),
    • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grants, and
    • Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants.

    Work-Study Jobs

    The Federal Work-Study Program allows you to earn money to pay for school by working part-time. You’ll earn at least the current federal minimum wage. However, you may earn more depending on the type of work you do and the skills required for the position. Your total work-study award depends on

    • when you apply,
    • your level of financial need, and
    • your school’s funding level.


    A loan is money you borrow and must pay back with interest. If you apply for financial aid, you may be offered loans as part of your school’s financial aid offer. When you receive a student loan, you are borrowing money to attend a college or career school. You must repay the loan as well as the interest that accrues. It is important to understand your repayment options so you can successfully repay your loan.

     All information above was taken from the site. Click for more information on student aid.