- Prepare for a Changing World
- Learn the Importance of Collaboration & Teamwork
- Develop Critical Thinking Skills and Innovative Ideas
- Become Creative Problem Solvers
- Develop Global Awareness
- Connect with people while developing skills
- CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
SERVICE LEARNING RECOGNITIONS:
- SERVICE LEARNING HONORS 70-99
- SERVICE LEARNING AWARD 100-199
- SERVICE LEARNING DIPLOMA 200+
3 STEP PROCESS FOR SERVICE- LEARNING HOURS
- Student submission
- Verification by the adult overseeing the project
- Final approval by the service-learning coach
Hours must be submitted within the semester that they are completed. Hours completed from June-December must be entered into x2vol by the end of December.
Hours completed from January-May must be entered by the end of May.
SL Approval Forms must be submitted within the semester that service is started with the organization and should be submitted PRIOR to beginning service.
PLEASE REVIEW THE UPDATED HANDBOOK!
Starting June 15, 2023, students will fill out service-learning approval forms via X2VOL. The student will see a link that guides them to the service-learning approval form. The link will be located on your homepage of X2VOL. If you have trouble finding this information, please contact your school service-learning coach, Ms Walls! Remember, please submit a service-learning approval form BEFORE completing an opportunity. Thank you!
Important Dates for Seniors
3rd Wednesday in March (3/20/24) – FINAL submission for all Service-Learning Approval Forms
1st Wednesday after Spring Break (4/17/24)– FINAL submission for all service-learning hours and Teacher Documentation Forms for seniors into x2VOL.
As you continue to engage in service-learning, please submit all service-learning approval forms online to your counselor and enter your hours into x2VOL.
Creating an Account-X2VOL
Logging Hours in X2VOL
What Qualifies as Service Learning-Examples