• Information from SAMHSA for Parents and Caregivers of Children 
    (What to Look For, What to Do, How to Talk About Mental Health with Your Child and more)

    If you have noticed one or more warning signs or have concerns surrounding your child's mental health, you can access services through GCS School-Based Mental Health.

    Mental Health Teacher Leads are available to answer questions on how to connect to mental health support at the school level.

    School-Based Mental Health starts with Specialized Instructional Support Personnel (SISP) and includes School CounselorsSchool Social Workers and School Psychologists who work alongside instructional staff to support all students’ mental health and wellness.  

    Referral Process

    If you suspect your child, or someone you may know, is in a mental health crisis, call or text 988 immediately.  The 988 Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources.