Follet Destiny Shelf - eBooks
Step 1 - Open a Browser. Type (DO NOT click on link) gofollet.com (links to an external site).
Step 2 - Select your location (North Carolina)
Step 3 - Type your School Name, select your school, and click "Go!"
Step 4 - Click "Login" in the upper right corner of the screen.
Enter the student's login information.
USERNAME: Student ID# (lunch #)
PASSWORD: Birthday (MMDDYYYY) ex. 04072008
If this does not work, follow the directions in the PowerPoint below.
GOALS - Guilford Open Access to Libraries for Students
ALL GCS students can use their GCS Student ID# (lunch #) as a library card at the Greensboro Public Libraries. This gives students access to digital books (eBooks) and resources 24/7, physical books, reading materials, research databases, and NO late fees. Follow the directions below and in the attached PDF. The PDF has directions and images to help you log in.
1. Go to the Greensboro Public Library. Open Browser and enter the address Library.Greensboro-NC.gov (links to an external site).
2. Hover over the second tab "Books & Media". When a box drops down, click "Digital Downloads".
3. Click on the box that says "NC Kids Digital Library".
4. Wait 5 seconds (watch the countdown). You will be redirected to a new webpage.
5. In the top right-hand corner, press the button labeled "Sign In".
6. Choose "Greensboro Public Library". In the box labeled "Card Number" type GCS followed by your lunch number/student ID. ex.GCS12345678
7. Search by topic or book title by clicking on the magnifying glass.
8. When you find a book you want to read, check to see if it has a blue bar across the top that says "available". Then press "BORROW" below the book.
9. Press the "BORROW" button one more time.
10. Press the blue button labeled "Read Now in Browser". Your book will open in a new webpage.
11. To continue reading a book you've already checked out, go to "My Account" and then click "Loans".