The Academy at Central
“Where Excellence is the Norm”
General Dress Code
1. Shirts and Blouses: Shirts or blouses must be long enough to cover midriffs. No sleeveless shirts, spaghetti straps or tank tops may be worn, and no undergarments visible.
2. Pants: Pants shall be worn so that the waistband is worn at the waist and not below the waist. NO SKIN-TIGHT, SPANDEX , NYLON
3. Skirts and Dresses: The hem of girls' skirts or dresses shall be no shorter than mid-thigh.
4. Shorts: All students may wear hemmed walking shorts or Bermuda shorts and female students may wear shorts, provided that such shorts do not cause a distraction. Shorts also must be mid-thigh in length.
5. Appropriate Sizes: Students shall wear clothing of appropriate size.
6. Shoes: Backless shoes are acceptable; however, shower shoes, flip flops, and bedroom shoes are inappropriate for the school setting
1. Clothing associated with gangs;
2. Clothing encouraging the use of drugs, alcohol, or violence;
3. Clothing associated with discrimination on the basis of age, color, handicap, national origin, marital status, race, religion, or sex;
4. Clothing exposing the torso or upper thighs such as see-through garments, mini-skirts or mini-dresses, halters, backless dresses, tube tops or tank tops, spaghetti strap garments, bare midriff outfits, or shirts or blouses tied at the midriff;
5. Clothing not properly fastened or with tears which are indecent;
6. Clothing or outer garments traditionally designed as undergarments such as boxer shorts, bloomers, tights, or hosiery;
7. Clothing or footwear that is construed as hazardous or dangerous to the health of the student or others;
8. Sleeveless shirts, tank tops, spaghetti straps or any type of shirts exposing midriff;
9. Athletic shorts including spandex-style "bicycle shorts, cut-off jeans, short shorts, running shorts, and see-through boxer type shorts.
School administrators have final authority to decide if clothing complies with outlined rules.