What CJ Greene has done so far to help with the "Food Insecurity" issue in Guilford County:
- October 2015 - "Feeding Our Friends" - a luncheon for staff and invited guests in exchange for non-perishable food items.
- November 2015 - We wrote a grant and were awarded $300 from Guilford County School's Gifts of Giving to begin Greene's Giving Garden.
- December 2015 - We went to Four Seasons Town Centre where two of our students and Principal Kristy Davis accepted the gift; then we got busy starting Greene's Giving Garden.
- December 2015 - Mrs. Wilson's class held several food drives in exchange for a raffle with the winner receiving a delicious dessert.
- January 2016 - Staff attended the day-long event at Four Seasons Town Centre on Martin Luther King, Jr.. Day talking about our Greene's Giving Garden and displaying our tri-fold board filled with great pictures of students starting a garden. Planted seedlings to grow indoors.
- February 2016 - Staff submitted a Promising Practices grant to Washington, DC for recognition of our efforts.
- created our own CJ Greene Food Pantry and awesome logo
- Established a Food Drive partnership with our high school friends across the street at GTCC Middle College.
- March 2016 - Continue growing our Greene's Giving Garden (with fresh produce to benefit a refuge family).
- October 2019 - Students and staff held a food and personal hygiene item drive. The collection was donated to a staff member's family that experienced a house fire and loss of their belongings.
- November/December 2019 - students and staff participated in a collection of hats, gloves, and socks. The items were delivered to the Pathways Center in Greensboro.
- January 2020 - students and staff are collecting food, blankets, towels, toys, and leashes for the SPCA.
CJ Greene's Food Drive is ongoing...