Are you, or someone you know, an outstanding high school junior or senior student and active community member? If so, apply today to be a 2020 Bank of America Student Leader! Applications are now live and are due no later than January 31, 2020. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a nonprofit in Forsyth/Guilford county and gain skills for a brighter future.
As a reminder, the Bank of America SLP is an eight (8) week paid summer internship (students will be paid $15/hour) with an Forsyth & Guilford County nonprofit.
To become a Student Leader, the student must:
- Currently be a rising junior or senior in a high school within Forsyth & Guilford counties County
- Be able to participate in an 8-week paid internship ($15/hour) at a local nonprofit organization within Forsyth & Guilford counties and work 35 hours a week
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2020
- Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leaders Summit in Washington, D.C. (Summer 2020) (All expenses paid. This week will be part of the 8-week experience)
- Be a student in good standing at their school
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator
- Complete and submit an application by Friday, January 31st
Learn more about the Student Leaders Program: https://about.bankofamerica.com/en-us/global-impact/student-leaders-program-faq.html?bcen=8a6b#fbid=UcLbudBrYxW
Formally apply for the Student Leaders Program: http://www.bankofamerica.com/studentleaders
When participating in Service-Learning experiences, we expect students to:
1. Find an agency/organization/SEHS club that is connected with your interests and that will provide you an opportunity to make positive changes in your school or community.
2. Discuss what you would like to do with your parents and get their approval.
3. Complete the Service-Learning Approval Form and discuss your interests with the agency/organization/club. These forms are available online and in our Guidance Office.
4. Finalize your proposal and have your selected agency/organization/ SEHS club’s adult representative and your parents sign the Service-Learning Approval Form - giving you permission to conduct your service-learning experience.
Senior Applications Due Date: Friday, October 4, 2019
Approval Forms Due: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
SL Hours Entered on x2vol: Wednesday, April 22, 2020