UPDATE: Service-Learning Prorate
The following prorate is for students in the Class of 2021, Class of 2022, and Class of 2023.
Proration: The following proration will be followed when students return to school on January 20th.
Students who have 192 hours submitted will obtain the Service-Learning Diploma.
- Students have 185 weeks (Freshman year to Service-Learning Senior deadline including summers) to earn the 250 hours towards the Service-Learning Diploma which equals an average of 1.35 hours per week.
- Students in high school during COVID-19 will have 142 weeks due to COVID-19 time lost. Based on the reduction, we are prorating the requirement by 58 hours equaling 192 hours. 250/185 = 1.35 142 x 1.35 = 192
Students in High School during COVID-19 who have submitted 77 hours will obtain the Service-Learning Award.
- Based on the above logic, the service-learning award would be reduced from 100 hours to 77 hours. 100/185 = .54 142 x .54 = 77
When participating in Service-Learning experiences, we expect students to:
1. Find an agency/organization/SEHS club that is connected with your interests and that will provide you an opportunity to make positive changes in your school or community.
2. Discuss what you would like to do with your parents and get their approval.
3. Complete the Service-Learning Approval Form and discuss your interests with the agency/organization/club. These forms are available online and in our Guidance Office.
4. Finalize your proposal and have your selected agency/organization/ SEHS club’s adult representative and your parents sign the Service-Learning Approval Form - giving you permission to conduct your service-learning experience.
Senior Applications Due Date: Friday, October 4, 2019
Approval Forms Due: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
SL Hours Entered on x2vol: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - This has been extended to May 6.