Aviation Academy Vision
To provide a solid foundation for the ever-growing aviation workforce by offering internships, job shadowing, college credit, hands-on real-world learning experiences and knowledge to students who wish to enter the aeronautical field. In addition, to provide the student with enough skills to either go straight into the workforce with minimal additional training or a solid foundation to succeed at a four-year degree program.
Purchase Aviation Academy shirts. The website is open. Orders can be processed through PayPal or credit cards. In order to save some on the cost, all orders will be at the store for pick-up. During the school year, I am notified of an order and I will pick-up the orders so they can be given to the students at the school. Any other timeframe, please indicate in the notes section that you will be picking up the orders. We have hats, messenger bags and shirts.
The Aviation Academy prepares advanced students for the aerospace and engineering fields through a hands-on, project based, inquiry-driven process.
2019-2020 Aviation 1 Rockets.
Engine Teardown Aviation 1 Class.
April 13th is the final day to apply before the lottery on April 14th.
April 22nd Notifications of being accepted into the program. Emails and Text notifications
Interested in attending, apply online
If you would like to tour the campus, please email Mr. Mayers firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Air Patrol Many of our Academy students belong to the Civil Air Patrol. They are members for various reasons: some are looking to enter the military after high school and some want to be exposed to aviation and want to be a pilot. Either way, students will belong to a close-knit group being taught discipline and respect for aviation.
Learn about a recent graduate.
David Mayers, Director of Aviation
336-819-2800 ext. 1652 voice 202881
Please email if you desire a tour.
About the Aviation Academy
The Andrews Aviation Academy offers three tracks: Engineering, Aviation management/Pilot, and Maintenance.
Students can earn credit toward their Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and industry certifications/licenses and graduate high school with up to two semesters completed at Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC). Tuition and books are free.
The Aviation Academy is a "Cohort" program for all classes. A cohort class will move as a group to all classes such as English, Sciences, World Language as examples. These teachers are dedicated to both Academies: Aviation Academy and Health Science Academy. This concept will ensure student success by creating cohesion in the group.
The Aviation Academy offers:
- College credits earned that can transfer to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University or to most other colleges and universities, such as NC State, NC A&T or UNC, if a bachelor's degree is desired and GTCC for community college- 2-year degree.
- Job Shadowing for workforce experience in the aviation field.
- SolidWorks 3-D mechanical engineering class with certification test.
- Everybody learns to fly. Class set of Hotseat Flight Simulators for the ultimate experience.
- Aviation Manufacturing class that will prepare a student to enter the workforce with little additional training. School-to-work program.
- Young Aviation Club, Civil Air Patrol, Rocketry Club, Drone and Robotics.