Aviation Academy Vision
To provide a solid foundation for the ever growing aviation workforce by offering internships, job shadowing, college credit, hands-on real world learning experiences and knowledge to students who wish to enter the aeronautical field. In addition, to provide the student with enough skills to either go straight into the workforce with minimal additional training or a solid foundation to succeed at a four-year degree program.
Purchase Aviation Academy shirts. The website will be open until March 30th and all orders will be delivered to the school.
The Aviation Academy prepares advanced students for the aerospace and engineering fields through a hands-on, project based, inquiry-driven process.
Please email if you desire a tour.
Applications can be submitted for acceptance into the Aviation Academy 2018-2019 school year! The acceptance decision date is May 15, 2018.
David Mayers, Director of Aviation
About the Aviation Academy
The Andrews Aviation Academy offers four tracks: Engineering, Aviation management/Pilot, Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic/Technician, and Avionics technician.
Students can earn credit toward their Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and industry certifications/licenses and graduate high school with up to two semesters completed at Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC). Tuition and books are free.
The Aviation Academy is a "Cohort" program for all classes. A cohort class will move as a group to all classes such as English, Sciences, World Language as examples. These teachers are dedicated to both Academies: Aviation Academy and Health Science Academy. This concept will ensure student success by creating a cohesion in the group.
The Aviation Academy offers:
- College credits earned that can transfer to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University or to most other colleges and universities, such as NC State, NC A&T or UNC, if a bachelor degree is desired.
- Job Shadowing for workforce experience in the aviation field.
- SolidWorks 3-D mechanical engineering class with certification test.
- Everybody learns to fly. Class set of Hotseat Flight Simulators for the ultimate experience.
- Aviation Manufacturing class that will prepare a student to enter the workforce with little additional training. School-to-work program.
- Flight simulator to log airplane instruction in students' own pilot logbooks.
- Young Aviation Club, Civil Air Patrol, Rocketry Club and Robotics.