Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Lauren Waterman
I am one of the school counselors at Falkener IB PYP World School. As your child’s school counselor, I am concerned about his or her emotional well-being, academic progress, and personal and social development.
I believe that...
• a child's emotional well-being is a priority that lays the foundation for academic, personal and social success.
• all children have dignity and worth and should be treated with respect.
• children thrive in environments in which they feel safe and respected.
• every child is unique and has personal strengths that can help them to achieve their potential.
• every child should have access to their school counselor.
• school counselors should work collaboratively with parents, staff and the community to advocate for children.
I have a master’s degree (MS) and specialist in education degree (EdS) in Counseling and Educational Development, specializing in school counseling, from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I live in Greensboro with my husband, two boys and a dog. I enjoy music, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you!" B.B. King