Dear Students, Parents and/or Guardians,
My name is Mrs. Horton and I am the School Counselor at Greensboro College Middle College. I look forward to meeting you and your student(s) and to helping your student(s) succeed to meet their own personal goals for this school year and beyond.
My Role as Your Child’s School Counselor Is:
- To be an advocate for your child and work collaboratively with parents, students, teachers, administrators, and with our community.
- Educational Specialist who assists students with their academic, career development, and personal/social areas.
Some Reasons to Contact Me:
- Academic skills support
- Career/Future planning
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision making concerns
- Organization, study and test-taking skills
- Peer relationships, and conflict resolution problems
- Divorce, separation and family changes
- Experiencing loss, death and grief
- Substance abuse awareness
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- School-based and community resources information or referrals
A Little Bit About Me
Well let’s see…I have been an educator for 19 years. My 19-year tenure as an educator has afforded me the opportunity to work with children in numerous ways. I have a B.A. in English Education and a MS in School Counseling. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my educational tenure. I have been married for 19 years and we have 3 children (1 boy age 19 and 2 girls ages 12 and 8). I’m sure you can imagine the rollercoaster that comes along with having 3 children at different developmental stages. But, I wouldn’t change it for nothing in the world. Moving right along-- I enjoy traveling, shopping, reading, volunteering, giving and spending time with family. The one thing that I am absolutely terrified about is flying. I would rather drive across the country than fly. I’m hoping one day I can overcome this fear. So far I haven’t been successful. My favorite food is seafood. I hope this helps you get to know me a little more. I am thrilled to be working with your students and hope to meet all the families that make Greensboro College Middle College such a wonderful community.
Greensboro College Middle College
Office: 306 Cowan Building
815 West Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Telephone: (336) 370-8300 ext. 1201
Fax: (336) 370-8918