Hello parents, this is Principal Nixon-Green from High Point Central. I would like to let you know about an exciting volunteer opportunity for Title I parents where one parent can receive up to $150.00 in cash rewards depending on parent engagement tasks. If you would like to help other parents become more engaged in their child’s educational success, increase the positive school culture at our school, and meet monthly with other Title I parents to learn more about what is happening in GCS, the Title I Parent Ambassador volunteer position may be for you. And remember, you could receive up to $150.00 monthly in cash rewards for completing certain parent involvement tasks. To learn more information about this opportunity, please call the school at 336-819-2825 or Guilford Parent Academy at 336-279-4924. You can also find more information on-line by visiting our school’s website or the GCS Parent Academy website.
Interest forms will be available in the front office and on-line and will be due no later than June 8th.
Title I Parent Ambassadors can receive up to $150 a month for various duties, including:
- Communicating with parents about school-based volunteer and other parent-engagement opportunities
- Leading parent outreach activities
- Assisting Guilford Parent Academy with planning parent workshops
- Increasing parent awareness of, and signing parents up for, free GPA online accounts
Title I Parent Ambassador Criteria
Volunteers must meet the following criteria to interview:
- Must have a string desire to support other parents and students
- Must be a non-GCS employee
- Must be committed to partnership building with the school, families and the community
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be a registered GCS Volunteer and pass a background check
- Must be able to attend a mandatory training session in August of 2018
- Must be able to attend mandatory monthly Title I Ambassador meetings (the first Tuesday of each month; two meeting options are offered: 10am to noon or 6-8pm with Guilford Parent Academy
Here’s how the selection process will work:
- All interested volunteers will send an interest form to the school or to the Parent Academy office.
- Principal/Interview team will review the interest forms
- Eligible Volunteers will be selected to interview with the principal/interview team
- Volunteer will be selected and name submitted to the district